»Flux zone unity« was a EVS project that involved 3 EVS volunteers who worked in organizations Youth center Trbovlje (MCT), Cultural centre Delavski dom Trbovlje (DDT) and Cultural association youth theatre Svoboda (KDS) in the filed of creativity, new media, theater, project development, expression and understanding the importance of unity and tolerance in today’s society. The volunteers were working in their hosting organizations 3 days a week and the 2 days they spent in the coordinating organization »Youth center Trbovlje« (which was also a hosting organization for one volunteer). In the youth center they worked together on a common project called »Zone«, which was a series of creative projects that the volunteers developed together.
The project »Zone« aimed to bring understanding among the community about tolerance towards socially excluded, differences in race, culture, age and sex trough creating an interactive space of unity with the use of creative tools such as theater, installation, sound and video. Trough this project the volunteers also coperated with several different organization from the local environment (e.g. schools, library, Red cross, PUM, center for people with physical and developmental challenges etc.) and included it’s participants in the process of development. The project finalized with the common one-day festival called “The InternARTional festival), which offered a common inclusive creative space for everyone.
The main purpose of the project was to connect organizations in the Zasavje region through a joint participation in EVS projects that develop new models for the development of innovation, entrepreneurship, teamwork and building social inclusion for young people and vulnerable groups in the region. Development of quality projects for EVS through the use of creative tools, integration of cultures and work with different social groups and by that developing more interesting projects for the volunteers.
1. Enable mobility of 3 foreign volunteers in Slovenia, which carried out their service in three different organizations and by networking organizations create a group project, which combined the areas of work of all three organizations, and encouraged the development of key competencies through project design and development of innovation.
2. Development of a project to help build social inclusion in our region. Retrieving quality partnership in the region for long-term cooperation in the field of the EVS program.
3. Support the recognition of non-formal learning through creative methods and Youthpass certificate, recognition of such a tool as a mechanism for integration of vulnerable groups.
Project Results were:
– Carried out an EVS project Flux zone unity with 3 participants,
– Created 3 Youthpass certificate
– Encouraged another organization in the regional environment for hosting EVS
– Applicationm for a new project with the Cultural center Delavski Dom and youth Theater »Svoboda« and included one new partner.
– Encouraged more than one young participant in the local environment for the sending EVS
– Carried out all the planned activities within the project “Zone”